PDA

View Full Version : Very very annoyed with the couriers used by QVC

angelicannemarie
20-04-2010, 05:26 PM
I was waiting for a parcel to be delivered to my mums house and the courier delivered it last Wednesday.

He asked mum to sign for it but then his machine malfunctioned and he said it was his first day and didnt know what to do so asked mum for the parcel back and he said he would come back later that day and would she be in. She said yes and he never came back and hasnt been seen since.

QVC are now going to look into - I am fuming

auntie
20-04-2010, 05:35 PM
That sounds very iffy to me !! hope you get it resolved , hope your mum is ok and not annoyed by this , I know I would be upset

budgie
20-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Similar thing happened to me once. The chap came to the door with my parcels, his bliddy machine wouldn't work so he said he would have to take the parcels back to the van. It was about 20 mins before he came back with them having rebooted it. Said he couldn't leave them with out a signature.

sheilaj
20-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Hah, he would have to prise new stash from my cold dead hands :)

Linderella
20-04-2010, 06:45 PM
something similar happened with one of my deliveries but the courier just had a tatty piece of paper for people to sign. no problem at all

Linda

kitten_with_claws
20-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Hah, he would have to prise new stash from my cold dead hands :)

Yeah, from mine too........or equally, I from his if he succeeded in snatching them back......! lol

freedom99
20-04-2010, 07:09 PM
That's crazy why don't they have a back up plan say a printed list of customers and addreses which have parcels that day and you could sign that.

Those machines are a nightmare to sign anyway and mine usually look like a cat signed it and bits are always missing. It's so sad that we rely so much on computers these days. I was once chucked out of tesco's having done quite a big shop all because the tills went down and they could not take any money. They managed to do all these things in the good old days, you would think a big store like tesco would have a back up plan as well.
The world has gone crazy nobody seems to be able to think on their feet anymore.

Millburn
20-04-2010, 07:21 PM
something similar happened with one of my deliveries but the courier just had a tatty piece of paper for people to sign. no problem at all

Linda

that happened here too, my courier is past retirement age and it took him a while to truely get the hang of the m/c, so he had a list I signed a couple of times

angelicannemarie
20-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Cant blame mum she just did what she was told. Its the courier company 'm annoyed with :-(

Elaine
23-04-2010, 10:12 AM
I ordered and received the Tim Holtz tsv, but had the gold glitter all over the box, and the foamy thing was open and used, I rang QVC and they promised me replacements, 2 weeks passed, rang again, again promised replacements, and again these have not been received, now they have sent me the 'letter' saying non delivery by courier of the whole tsv, would I sign and return to them for following up. I wonder what will happen now ?

angelicannemarie
23-04-2010, 02:32 PM
I have cancelled the order now as they promised me it was out for delivery again on Wednesday, a week after the orginal one delivery. Anyway you guessed right they never came. Anyway got a phone call yesterday to say they were never out for delviery as they had a back log. Likely story... Anyway money has now been refunded and I asked for compensation for the inconveniance and they have credited 10.00 to my account, so I am a bit happier now.

Elaine,

Make sure you ask for compensation for the inconveniance, it worked for me :-)

Impossible Princess
23-04-2010, 03:20 PM
I ordered and received the Tim Holtz tsv, but had the gold glitter all over the box, and the foamy thing was open and used, I rang QVC and they promised me replacements, 2 weeks passed, rang again, again promised replacements, and again these have not been received, now they have sent me the 'letter' saying non delivery by courier of the whole tsv, would I sign and return to them for following up. I wonder what will happen now ?

That's so bad Elaine. Once you've filled in the form and returned it (so QVC can put in a claim against the courier company) they should refund you quite quickly, that has always been my experience anyway. Still don't get why they don't just pay a bit more and use a decent courier company, but I guess if they can claim it all back they're still quids in, so it doesn't matter to them if it's not hitting them in the pocket :dull:

Impossible Princess
23-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Glad they resolved it for you satisfactorily angelicannemarie, and 10 credit - woohoo!! :happy:

angelicannemarie
23-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Yes a result in the end, good job its a free phone number - LOL

englishminx
23-04-2010, 08:29 PM
To be fair, unless you are paying a company that wraps your parcel in cotton wool and delivers it wearing a tutu in a rolls royce, they are all the same, many use sub contractors, or franchise vans, and they only get paid when they deliver, so many resort to cutting corners, like leaving at neighbours, or chucking over gates, or signing on your behalf, it is wrong but sadly in this world, the world is full of dishonest people, and courier companys like any other company have their share of people who cant resist ripping people off, (i think they see it as they are ripping the mail order company off, not the poor individual who is excited at waiting for the goods).

If QVC are anything like my previous company, then in the background they will be monitoring the carded, non deliverys and claims they receive, and I am sure that if these fall below target at any of their delivery providers, they would swiftly change provider.

sheilaj
23-04-2010, 08:44 PM
and to be fair as we have said before hermes people can be lovely...my lady certainly is, its only the bad ones who get the publicity

Boris Bear
23-04-2010, 09:29 PM
and to be fair as we have said before hermes people can be lovely...my lady certainly is, its only the bad ones who get the publicity

My Hermes man came up the back of a row of houses (four gates to open and shut) to leave my bears in an outbuilding today, he's really good.

JanTheNan
23-04-2010, 09:32 PM
The deliveries I get from QVC who don't come via Royal Mail are delivered by a lovely lady.
I once found the card on the mat saying she'd called, think the doorbell was dodgy that day as I hadn't been out at all, I phoned the number and she bought it round straight away.

Are you in Hampshire Sheila (as you intimated on another thread when you asked me if I were)?

angelicannemarie
23-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Well the Keighley branch are not very good at the moment.

I have had another parcel delivred yesterday but that was sent via Royal Mail - happy now

Rentochops
23-04-2010, 11:01 PM
I just read a post on ST.con where the courier left a package in a builder's yard up the street, QVC have sorted it but how odd, it was a Laura Geller TSV!

sheilaj
24-04-2010, 05:45 AM
yes `i live in Hampshire

LoobyLou
24-04-2010, 06:14 AM
My Hermes man left for about 6 months to set up a business with his wife two or so years back and my deliveries went to hell in a handcart whilst he was gone. I was so relieved to see him back when the wife decided she preferred to run the new business on her own! Since then everything has been spot on, but this thread has reminded me how bad it can be if your driver isn't a decent person who actually gives a fig about the end user.

Dips
24-04-2010, 07:10 AM
I've recently had to phone 3 times over a missing Gatineau TSV. All my parcels are delivered to my office and (as I'm the boss he-he) are whisked straight up to my desk the moment they hit the goods-in door - so I knew for certain that it had not been delivered. On phoning the 3rd time, I said I had lost my pateince on this one, and they've sent the replacement out straight away (just asked me to return the form when I got it) and refunded me my P&P - I had to be quite firm in stating that I wanted both a replacement and my P&P refunded, saying I didn't see why I should lose out on the TSV deal whilst I certainly was not paying a delivery charge on an item that is meant to take 5 days and has so far taken a month! QVC use MyHermes which is one of those companies which use self-employed drivers, and their quality is somewhat variable!

budgie
24-04-2010, 07:34 AM
My chap is lovely, but a bit slow at times. I don't think he likes to come out in bad weather!

freedom99
25-04-2010, 12:07 AM
The man who delivers my items is lovely as well but i do believe he lets parcel gather up for an area before he delivers.
I know i can get 3 at a time and they were all ordered a week apart. This happens all the time and i am sure DH ( who always seems to be home) thinks i get 3 everyday. It's boring waiting for them to arrive knowing i would have to order a few a sit and wait for them, plus i have asked him to put them in the green recycle bin if i am not at home and he never does anymore so i have to wait until he is in the area again! Yet while at the last house i asked him several times not to leave stuff outside as they kept getting pinched and he kept leaving them.

Do you think if i ring and say please don't delivery my items every week just once a year will do i might get them more often?