Thread: Flitter Glu

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flitter Glu

This glue is great. I have tried to put glitter, foil, gilding flakes onto my stamped images using a a couple of different glue pads, an embossing powder which goes sticky when heated and size. Some sticks, but I have never got a detailed image. I bought the following glue at the NEC and the first time I used it I got a brilliant detailed image. Can't wait to use more of my stamps with it. It is water based and you do need to wash your stamps immediately, but will work with clear as well as rubber stamps. It can be used on coated & non coated cardstock, acetate, vellum, wood and material (haven't tried any of these yet!). You just use cut n dry foam to create a small 'ink pad' with the glue and when stamped wait for a couple of minutes for it to go tacky. Apparently you can return to it any time and it will still be sticky.

This is the link and it works out under 6 inc p&P and I should think it would last ages. You will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the Flitter Glu.

http://www.indigoblu.com/?page_id=55

Hope this helps anyone who has also tried these sticky pads without success.

2. Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I got the same glue at Samuel Taylors in Leeds a few weeks ago. It is very good, but I did have a problem with some cardstock. When I tried to lift the stamp off, it tore the card.

4.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

The lady at the stand said to just kiss stamp rather than pressing the stamp down like normal. I'm hoping to have a play with the pot I bought at the nec tomorrow.

6.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using it this morning on coated and non coated cardstock with no problems at all. Last night when I had finished I wrapped my piece of cut n dry in cling film rather than washing it out and found it was even better this morning. I've also used it to stick my card layers together and I'm really impressed. I intend to leave these in the warm for a few days to make sure they don't come apart.

8.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers Jammy just ordered some. I embossed my poppy as they have done on strictly dancing with glitter looks neat! I managed to get a large one!
    Rise From The Ashes

10.    Sponsored Links

craftycat Guest

Thanks Jammy, especially for the link to that site. I'd been googling without success. Love some of the stamps, really right up my street.

12.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much Jammy. I've just ordered some. Sounds like just what I've been looking for!
    Janet
    'Misspent youth, overspent middle age'

14.    Sponsored Links