Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sue Wilson's Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sue Wilson's Blog

I urge you all to read Sue Wilson's Blog today. It's inspiring, uplifting and poignant

www.particraft.blogspot.com/

2. Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

It was very uplifting. Made me feel the lack of that kind of family love even more keenly. My father once advised my children, "Never trust anyone, even your mother".
    I try to let it all go, but it's so hard.
    Happy day all.
    Kate x
    My blog: tattersandfrills.blogspot.com

4.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

What an interesting and inspiring read. Thanks for pointing it out, Great Aunt Fish.
    My Crafty Little Blog - Lots of Claritystamp.

6.    Sponsored Links

craftycat Guest

Gulp!

So wish I'd had a dad like that. I know just what you mean Kate, not easy to let go is it. At least I've got two wonderful children and daughter in law!
    Last edited by craftycat; 08-03-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Regina Brett's 45 lessons of life are so very true. Sue's dad is going to leave a very big hole in his family's life.

9.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Well I've had a good old cry (life is tough at the moment within our family) and even though I'm 58 and my mum died 15 years ago I still miss her dreadfully and wish I had her to turn to - never take what you have for granted because one day you will realise just how much you had, things change and you can't turn back the clock.

11.    Sponsored Links

Teacherspet Guest

It brought tears to my eyes too, when I read it. I'm so greatful I still have both my parents when others don't - I'm 58 and my parents are 83 and 91. I think those lessons of life are worth printing out and framing.

Jan

13.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    Well I've had a good old cry (life is tough at the moment within our family) and even though I'm 58 and my mum died 15 years ago I still miss her dreadfully and wish I had her to turn to - never take what you have for granted because one day you will realise just how much you had, things change and you can't turn back the clock.
    I'm 51 (52 next month) and my mum also died 15 years ago (aged 60) and I still miss her. It's 11 years since my dad died and I miss him too. I also feel for what they have missed in the family - my youngest daughter was only 9 months old when my mum died.

I totally agree with the last bit of your post.

15.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I lost my mum 16 years ago. No warning, she wasn't ill, just gone. She was only 71, and we hadn't even started thinking about her as being old. My dad is still going, he is 91. Mum's elder sister is also still around. She is 99 next month, and until 12 months ago, lived independently in a flat, until she fell ill and after leaving hospital, she moved into a nursing home.

17.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I lost my dad 12 years ago and my mum 11, but I still miss them and would like to tell them about their grandchildren and know how proud they would be.But it does make me live life to the full and enjoy myself because I feel we here for such a short time. I have lost quite a few friends at a young age . I read Sue Wilsons lovely blog and could hear the love of father shine through.