Flower
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Aah but that's a whole different ball game Deefy, between "Cooking" and "Baking" I hate the former with a passion. I didn't when we were first married (trying to impress LOL) or when the kiddies were all at home and I'd stand there for hours on end. Even used to batch cook for the freezer. I adore baking but, if I make it I HAVE to eat it and that's no good. I would quite easily use ready meals (not M&S, cant afford LOL). Might just go make some rock buns now, quick and easy too........................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    Aah but that's a whole different ball game Deefy, between "Cooking" and "Baking" I hate the former with a passion. I didn't when we were first married (trying to impress LOL) or when the kiddies were all at home and I'd stand there for hours on end. Even used to batch cook for the freezer. I adore baking but, if I make it I HAVE to eat it and that's no good. I would quite easily use ready meals (not M&S, cant afford LOL). Might just go make some rock buns now, quick and easy too........................
    It's all the the same to me JM - hate it - I'd rather spend my time crafting and buy a cake (once in the blue moon) from the shops.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the sewing bee. I don't sew very often but it did make me get out my sewing machine and alter a pair of curtains which had needed altering since I bought them.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always enjoyed baking, though have often thought it a shame when cakes, especially birthday cakes, are cut and eaten. Would complain if they weren't of course, can't flippin' win! Haven't done any baking in ages, must be over a year since I made even a cupcake. Don't even have any flour in the place, so couldn't do anything even if I wanted. Very difficult to lose weight if there is a tin full of lovely lickle cakes in the cupboard anyway. Can't expect 'himself' to scoff them all, even he has his limits. Just buy ickle gingerbread men for myself, and fig biscuits/choc wafer biccies for 'himself', though sometimes I will have a couple of figgy's instead of my wee chaps.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jube View Post
    I love the sewing bee. I don't sew very often but it did make me get out my sewing machine and alter a pair of curtains which had needed altering since I bought them.
    Same here (the bit about getting out the sewing machine). Someone else who inspires me to start sewing again as well is Mandy Shaw - I always enjoy her shows.

Post Thanks / Like

I like watching Mandy too, nice lady. Do you know, I've been a 'sewist' all my life, (made two lined wedding dresses, re-covered a 3 piece suite - not covers etc.,) and the thing that bugged me most? getting curtains to look right when I'd taken the hems up, always poke out on the bottom o/s edges. I was bemoaning the fact to my sister the other week and she said "oh can't be doing with doing all that - I just take the tape off the top, cut off the excess and then put tape back on" ! Now WHY haven't I ever thought of that peeps?
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    I like watching Mandy too, nice lady. Do you know, I've been a 'sewist' all my life, (made two lined wedding dresses, re-covered a 3 piece suite - not covers etc.,) and the thing that bugged me most? getting curtains to look right when I'd taken the hems up, always poke out on the bottom o/s edges. I was bemoaning the fact to my sister the other week and she said "oh can't be doing with doing all that - I just take the tape off the top, cut off the excess and then put tape back on" ! Now WHY haven't I ever thought of that peeps?
    I've done that -much easier. Dealing with lined curtains is like grappling with an octopus. In this cottage we have a window next to a door downstairs and upstairs in the master bedroom there are two matching windows next to each other. It is an absolute pain in the whatsit because unless you have curtains made (or make them yourself) you can't find ready made curtains that are pattern matched. I have tried buying plain curtains and have had to send them back because the shades never match and that sticks out like a sore thumb when they are so close together. I have nightmares about curtains...............
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well Jacksmisses (never too old to learn,) what a great tip. Will not be too bothered about buying curtains which I like but are too long in future. Thx.xx
    sry folks had to add Mr W. Does all the hand sewing,buttons etc. The cribs I make are all tape and glue, suits me fine, can alter and adjust as I go along.
    Last edited by wonky doodle; 02-02-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the best tip up to yet this year ,I agree with you ,they never hang the same after being altered . Thank you x

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that it was good - but after the nightmare of trying (and succeeding) to make two pairs of matching, 90 x 90 and 60 x 90 with the inside edge embroidered into, 1 x door curtain, 1 x pair 54 drop and 8 x singles - ALL lined and then butcher the remainder to cover the pelmets (still WIP) I swore I would never make curtains again. But since my lickle sister said that................................LOL