Flower
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: QVC Craft Days

Post Thanks / Like

Talking QVC Craft Days

How I miss the QVC craft days. I'm not up to date; but why have QVC given up on craft?
    I would have everything done and organised ready for those days. Hubby & my son/s would know not to disturb me. They would watch TV in another room and more or less fend for themselves. :neglected:
    Looking back; like a lot of people on here, I did spend too much. But just getting comfy and watching the demos was a joy. Though they did tend to rush a lot of the items. C & C (& now Hochanda), have the best idea, just a few items per show so that they can do a proper demo.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Be happy put off till tomorrow what you just don't want to do today :giggle:

Post Thanks / Like

Yes remember sitting up until midnight for the launch of the crafts TSV then going into work or bleary eyed having been up half the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Craftyktee View Post
    How I miss the QVC craft days. I'm not up to date; but why have QVC given up on craft?
    I would have everything done and organised ready for those days. Hubby & my son/s would know not to disturb me. They would watch TV in another room and more or less fend for themselves. :neglected:
    Looking back; like a lot of people on here, I did spend too much. But just getting comfy and watching the demos was a joy. Though they did tend to rush a lot of the items. C & C (& now Hochanda), have the best idea, just a few items per show so that they can do a proper demo.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I sat up a couple of times, but found I was falling asleep before the shows actually began, so gave up. I lost track of the number of cancelled shows that were supposed to be on during the following day because everything had sold out. The last TSV's I bought was a Kanban kit with butterfly and dragonflies.

Several items were kissing, not for the first time either. The replacements that were sent to me usually came from a totally different kit, one being items from a Christmas kit that had been on several years earlier. I had left buying that final kit until the five o'clock show when they said they were down to the last 10%. Oh how I wished I had not bothered, apart from the missing items, the colours were horrible. I ended up giving most of the kit away to Kate's school, along with at least half of two other kits. I kept the empty box for several years as a reminder never to fall into that trap again. It has worked well too! ;)

I think the answer to your question Craftyktee on why QVC have given up with craft is because they couldn't compete with C & C. After Dawn Bibby departed the craft shows were dire to say the least. It was their own fault too as DB had been banging on for years about starting C******** crafting earlier than the C********* in July. Sorry, but I am not allowed to say the 'C' word in full or JM will come and duff me up. ;) The year they did was the year Dawn departed. Had the silly sods thought it through properly they wouldn't have given her the push the week before the show. She still had nearly three months of her contract to go, so it would have made more sense to keep her hard at work for at least a couple of weeks. But noooo, have to be spiteful and dump her then and there. So basically they shot themselves in the foot as the lady they did get only had a couple of days to prep the products. Least said about that the better, but they were definitely not up to snuff. Their sales must have suffered very badly, especially as peeps did tune in especially to see DB.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    ......The year they did was the year Dawn departed. Had the silly sods thought it through properly they wouldn't have given her the push the week before the show. She still had nearly three months of her contract to go, so it would have made more sense to keep her hard at work for at least a couple of weeks. But noooo, have to be spiteful and dump her then and there. So basically they shot themselves in the foot as the lady they did get only had a couple of days to prep the products. Least said about that the better, but they were definitely not up to snuff. Their sales must have suffered very badly, especially as peeps did tune in especially to see DB.

Roz
    Yes, I think people did tune in to see her because they were familiar with her but I thought craft could have continued had QVC ploughed more interest into it.

They didn't give it the promotion it deserved as they obviously still had crafter's wanting to buy craft stuff with them and who enjoyed the shows otherwise it wouldn't have continued for as long as it did afterwards.

I think they missed the boat, I mean look at the craft channel, they could have easily provided what it does but it seems they weren't bothered to.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used to enjoy watching on craft days and other craft shows too. Some of the TSVs were good value and most of them were in the 20-35 bracket - an amount I was prepared to spend in one go if I liked/wanted the product

I think that QVC have missed out on more than craft. Because of the craft shows I used to keep tabs on what programmes were coming up and watched and bought lots of other items from them too - beauty, clothing, techie etc. Now that the craft has finished I don't watch the channel anywhere near as much and even don't know when specific programmes or TSVs are coming up. Maybe not a bad thing, as it does mean I am spending less
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness View Post
    I think that QVC have missed out on more than craft. Because of the craft shows I used to keep tabs on what programmes were coming up and watched and bought lots of other items from them too.
    Same here - I bought all sorts of stuff from QVC from clothing to toiletries to C******** ornaments - but not one single thing since they stopped doing craft. I never turn the channel on at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to love the C******** in July. I always bought something from Mr Christmas. Now all they have on are those Bethlehem Lights. If I want lights I go to Wilko's as they are much cheaper, and just as good. QVC obviously don't need my custom, which is their loss, not mine.

Must buy some more sets of the lickle battery ones for the 18 inch tree that lives on the bookcase each C********. I only bought a small pack last year as lights I have had in the past have been rubbish, only lasting 20 minutes before they go out. The ones I bought last year lasted all through December, and were still working in January when everything was put away.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    Same here - I bought all sorts of stuff from QVC from clothing to toiletries to C******** ornaments - but not one single thing since they stopped doing craft. I never turn the channel on at all.
    Same, I used to keep QVC on in the background because shows sometimes craft shows used to pop up unexpectedly and that used to lure me into buying other stuff. Not now though. I have C&C on as background noise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaGirl View Post
    I have C&C on as background noise.
    It's usually Hochanda for me these days because I prefer the quieter presenters.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    It's usually Hochanda for me these days because I prefer the quieter presenters.
    Me too, though I don't often have the sound on.

Roz