to all newbies, don't both with wet wipes
Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Default to all newbies, don't both with wet wipes

ADVERTISING

I used to spend ages trying to find wet wipes that were both alcohol free and that had no moisturising lotion within. Then, I had a brain wave! I keep a damp flannel text to me when I craft, and then I JUST WASH IT!!! That way, I know my stamps won't be damaged, and I don't have to spend money on wipes. I'm, sure many of you have already come to this sensible conclusion, but for those that haven't, I give you this info. Brilliant and simple AND cheap!! Just don't wash your bits with it after use, or you'll end up inky....yuk!
      Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked for this post
      Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
      Great idea Lynnie. Such a simple idea and will save me a small fortune.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use wet wipes either, probably because I don't think I have ever cleaned a stamp in my life !
      Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lynnieb View Post
      Just don't wash your bits with it after use, or you'll end up inky....yuk!
      Ha!Ha! some folk would pay a fortune just to do that lynnieb !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using cheap microfibre cloths and they are great. I keep a damp one for inks and a dry one for oozy glues etc.
      Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It does save so much faffing. I use a sythetic shammy leather for cars, cut in half and I keep it in an old babywipe storage case to keep it damp. Total cost was about a fiver and I still have the other half of the cloth for when this one gets really bad!
      Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Melanie
      x

www.WeAllCraftTogether.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use a ripped up old towel and an old white t-shirt so I have various bits in different stages of inky mess and usually one that has just been washed and ready to start again. I too have a synthetic shammy but haven't used it yet! I use Grime Boss to wipe very grubby stamps and my hands and to get rid of stuff that won't just wipe off my mat (like gilding wax), but I cut each Grime Boss on half and I keep the piece in use in a small zippy top bag which keeps it moist for days (or even weeks!)

Also I have a very, very cheap roll of decorator's (dry) dust wipes that I use for polishing when they use a dry wet wipe on TV.
      Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
      Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
      I don't use wet wipes either, probably because I don't think I have ever cleaned a stamp in my life !
      Cough, that is my guilty secret too Julie. I gather Sir Tim of Holtzville doesn't clean his stamps either. I do have some stamp cleaner............. but can't remember the last time I used it. As I use mostly black ink, it doesn't really matter all that much if I don't clean them. Occasionally I use a clear embossing ink, but as I use a darker embossing powder, so no problems there either. I tend to give my stamps a wipe down with dry kitchen roll, which usually cleans off most, if not all the ink. I do use baby wipes, but that is generally for cleaning me, or my mat, sometimes even the carpet! ;)

Roz
      Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not good about cleaning stamps, but I like using my embossing folders with a stamp pad and I do clean those because I might want them "plain" next time I use them.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
      Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Dunno why, but I have never tried an ink pad with my embossing folders. Must try it sometime. :)

Roz
      Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Advertising

Advertising