Flower
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: In trouble?

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Oh dear. Doesn't sound good. Makes me wonder if having 3 craft channels is sustainable. The market must be saturated by now.
    I must admit I am not buying anywhere near the paper crafting stuff I used to. When I do it has to be less than my 'considered purchase' price, as in less than 20.

I am not exactly cutting back on my needle crafting stuff, but I am only buying what I know I really want to stitch/knit/crochet.

Of course I no longer have Dot's shop to tempt me, though when I was dragged protesting/screaming to the parchment exhibition at Harrogate (mwhahaha) I did spend a small fortune, which was them followed up by buying two more PCA tools online. I have been ever so good since then though, only buying a couple of Groovi plates. They were bought
    using up some of the money from a topcashback Amazon voucher.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Cor blimey for a moment I thought I was reading a old post about the gruesome twosome
    I think it is dispicable how these people can get stock sell it on but not pay the suppliers
    It is obvious that the items are popular so are selling and if not the decent thing would be return the stock
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping TCC aren't in trouble - loved their shows. It could be that some of the suppliers haven't checked their contracts and could be on 90 days payment terms.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
    I just saw on facebook that The Craft Channel owe Colourcraft C&A Limited 14,000 and are not answering calls. They've apparently announced their european backers have pulled out so the company think they might not get their money. They sell brusho paints. I'd suggest if anyone wants these paints they go direct to the company as they have said that no orders taken over the weekend can be fulfilled until some sort of arrangement is made about payment....
    I see on Companies House website that Richard Reitzner the main man resigned as company director on the 25th November 2016. That just leaves Julian Ballantyne and James Doak as company directors. Unfortunately the foundations of this business are looking a little shaky to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Debbie Greenwood is no longer a director either.

Post Thanks / Like

Crikey this doesn't sound too good. I feel so sorry for the small companies who haven't been paid because the same sort of thing has happened to us in the past. Two particular clients spring to mind - both of them carried on with their grand lives abroad without a second thought for us and after a lot of work had been done on their behalf.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not good. :(

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

The trouble is, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. What I mean is, now I know they might be in trouble, I'm not going to order anything from them in case they take my money and go bust before I get the goods. And if all the customers feel the same way and stop buying, then cash flow dries up and more suppliers pull out and so on. So it seems as if the channel is doomed. Shame, because I thought they had got so much better when I'd seen it recently.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am not saying this is the truth, but someone on TCC Facebook is saying that they went into administration last Monday and a company has been bought in (Hacker Young) who are a turnabout company ie they will try/help to save them.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Dawn Bibby has gone to China on a buying spree for TCC (thought she was ill, she seems to travel a lot for someone who is poorly).
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post