Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

LETíS CELEBRATE WITH KANBAN ON OUR 4 DAY DEAL

Join Kanban Keith at 4pm on 14th November for the launch of his brand new collection, offered exclusively to Create and Craft UK and USA for 30 days . It incorporates a new designer range featuring iconic designer toppers with coordinating designer card accents and all new sentiment wraps all with the same 'Let's Celebrate' theme.

The special introductory price of £39.99 will save you 50% on the usual price and customers using Flexi-pay can take this home for just £19.99.

READ MORE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Post Thanks / Like

Can't see it being the 'incident' after all this time, but I do think he must have upset someone for it to have been so abrupt. Still think he's lovely meself and wish him well. Come to think of it, is Phill on as much as he used to be for CE or does he just do his own label now? Haven't seen him for ages, well it seems like ages!
      Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

2. # ADS
      Advertisment Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

That's a shame as I have always liked the way John does his cards.No idea what the 'incident'was as since losing my gorgeous dog I have not really taken much notice of what's been going on in the crafting world.

4.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if it is anything to do with his stamps? He started producing his stamps when he joined CE and they must take a cut of the profit because of their name and the cost of production. Perhaps he wants to go on his own and receive the full profit, less manufacturing costs?
      Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

6.    Advertising

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
      Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
      Come to think of it, is Phill on as much as he used to be for CE or does he just do his own label now? Haven't seen him for ages, well it seems like ages!
      I was only thinking that this afternoon. Not that I watch much in the way of Hochanda or C & C much these days. Even when the telly is on, 'himself' likes to watch some of the shows, I hardly ever look up from whatever I am doing.

Roz
      Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side. :mysmilie_484:

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

Post Thanks / Like

Phill is showing on the Hochanda TV Schedule as presenting a Sentimentally Yours ODS on Saturday 20 May at 8pm

Post Thanks / Like

I think he does quite a few workshops in his own shops as well doesn't he?

10.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Phill does Deefy and they're very reasonably priced as well, not sure about John. I do know of another person who sometimes does workshops (and shall remain nameless lol !!) and I enquired a couple of years ago and it was £100 for the day - I think it included a light lunch, but I thought it was an excessive price.
      Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
      Yes Phill does Deefy and they're very reasonably priced as well, not sure about John. I do know of another person who sometimes does workshops (and shall remain nameless lol !!) and I enquired a couple of years ago and it was £100 for the day - I think it included a light lunch, but I thought it was an excessive price.
      Blimey I'd want a heavy lunch for that............

Post Thanks / Like

Me to Deefy, wouldn't like to think how much it might be now - I'll go have a look.......................no, nothing showing just now. just retail stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the prices vary considerably depending on the venue as room hire can be expensive, especially if you have low numbers in a workshop. I don't mind paying more if we are making something substantial eg if you're just making a few cards I would expect the cost to be lower than if you were making a substantial mdf piece. I also know that I'm paying for the time of the person to design and prepare the workshop. I've been on workshops where they've manually die cut 20 times for each participant and of course that takes time. I've also been on workshops where everyone has to use the same colours which of course is cheaper than having 15 different colours of inkpads in multiples. Equally, having to share essential items/tools is going to be cheaper than a workshop where everyone has their own set of tools, which probably means that the workshop can move at a quicker pace and do more crafting than if you have to wait for your neighbours to use it first. Basically, we all make our own judgements about what is good value.
      I'm off to an InkBuds weekender this weekend run by Hels Sheriden and Pauline Wheeler, to me they offer good value, I always come away with two projects I'm proud of, we also get a discount on future workshops. They buy in whatever type of drinks we want tea, coffee, herbal teas, cans of pop, bottled water, have bowls of sweeties on the tables, ply us with cake and give us a goodie bag and have spot prizes throughout the day. To be honest the laughter we all have is probably worth the money to me. But, I met someone who went to one of their workshops and felt it was too expensive, we're all different.
      Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post