Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Posts
    9,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    ADVERTISING


    Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    That used to drive me mad when she was on C&C! I have come to the conclusion that she is there for the sales, nothing else. You almost feel that she has an on/off switch and she's put back in a box at the end of the programme!.
    A bit like SD. Somebody obviously presses the start button when she comes on. It isn't only what comes out of her mouth either, it is the bouncing up and down that get on my wick. I am finding I am turning both Hochy and C & C off at the moment. Not only boring products, but over hyped presenters and guests is definitely getting to me. The same applies to all adverts on the telly, and to that lot on the horse racing. I dunno who the heck thought that ex-jockeys are a font of wisdom, but quite clearly they are wrong. :(

    Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

    http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

    https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

     
     
  2.    Sewing Quarter


  3. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Posts
    9,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ADVERTISING
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I might have a game of Hochanda Bingo at the weekend and see how many times per programme the usual stock phrases get trotted out. I think mixed media and home decor will be right up there !
    We used to play that game at one time. Can't remember who it was, but they kept coming up with the same word time and time again. Stunning used to be a much overused word, especially from the mouth of Leonie. She used to drive me nuts when she was on with Jane Greenoff. I lost track of the number of times she would say "our Jane" as if C & C owned her.

    Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
     
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

    http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

    https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

     
     
  4.    Advertisment


  5. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Stroud, Gloucestershire
    Posts
    5,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    A bit like SD. Somebody obviously presses the start button when she comes on. It isn't only what comes out of her mouth either, it is the bouncing up and down that get on my wick. I am finding I am turning both Hochy and C & C off at the moment. Not only boring products, but over hyped presenters and guests is definitely getting to me. The same applies to all adverts on the telly, and to that lot on the horse racing. I dunno who the heck thought that ex-jockeys are a font of wisdom, but quite clearly they are wrong. :(

    Roz
    Do you think we're becoming (or are already) grumpy old women Roz? I just about give up on selly telly - just can't be doing with it and would rather do my own thing.

    I'm not buying very much, but have bought some more Oxide ink pads and stamps from elsewhere.
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post
     

     
     
  6.    Advertisment


  7. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,784
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    Do you think we're becoming (or are already) grumpy old women Roz? I just about give up on selly telly - just can't be doing with it and would rather do my own thing.

    I'm not buying very much, but have bought some more Oxide ink pads and stamps from elsewhere.

    Maybe we are aware of all these things as we have watched so many shows. That is the downside of having these channels on air for so many hours in the day - you hear the same spiel over and over again. I used to be able to sit through most of a craft day when they were on QVC, but then that was only once every three to four months. Now we have craft all day and I rarely watch any shows live. Tend to record and watch when I can (or not) which means that the products aren't always available - not a problem usually as I really shouldn't be buying anyway, and it avoids panic buying.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post
     

     
     
  8.    Advertisment


  9. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7,791
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Think you're all right ladies. Can you remember way back to when we sat enthralled watching someone make something out of a piece of card - dare I say, with a pair of scissors and sticky tape and we swooned hoping to re-create it ourselves? this was before the advent of dies and electronic cutting machines and even, EVEN, die-cut sheets of toppers? I think we all thought (speaking for myself anyway!) that more channels would give us more but its just too samey altogether. Think it was yesterday, I put Hochy on the pc and as well as the CC desire dies, on the same product list was loads of Chloe's products including her mag, so is this someone else who's been reeled in to the CC keep net? I just can't be bothered anymore and I'm hoping that when my room is sorted I will get my enthusiasm back as well as access to all the stuff I can't get to at the moment - I'm getting so brassed off with pick and stick.
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post
     
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

     
     
  10.    Advertisment


  11. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm so fed up with pick and stick I've ventured down the 'art' route...make of that what you will! xx
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
     
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/fenpeper/

     
     
  12.    Advertisment


  13. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Basically and Brilliant drive me insane, doesn't matter who has said it.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
     

     
     
  14.    Advertisment


  15. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Posts
    9,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well I for one am definitely a grumpy old woman. I don't actually feel 'old', but grumpy, yes. I used to love watching the TSV on QVC, even though I could never have been described as Dawn Bibby's greatest fan. I also enjoyed the crafts on Ideal World, and the early days of Create & Craft.

    There seemed to be far more variety in those days, with not a die cutting/embossing machine in sight, though I think the little Sidekick was around and that thingie that Dawn Bibby used, can't remember what it was called. Oh the joys of seeing the Big Shot and the Cuttlebug. Not heaps and heaps of dies, but enough to make me want to own a wee bug myself. My little chap is almost nine years old by the way, having bought him with money from my pension fund.

    There were lots of CD's about in those days, I have many of Rob Addams CD's, plus several of Joanna Sheen's. We had a lot more really nice decoupage too, especially that from Dufex. Then there was the lady from The Netherlands who brought her Sandy Art and other stuff. Nigel used to drive me nuts with his patronising attitude. I'm sure he didn't intend to sound patronising, but he was. The only crafts we didn't have on was what The Craft Channel call 'soft crafting', as in knitting/stitching, apart from Bucilla on QVC.

    Whatever happened to those innocent days when it was a joy to watch craft shows? Now even those I might be interested in are boring. For instance, at one time I would have recorded Rowandean and Corine Lapiere, but not today as I have have seen the same old stuff over and over again. Even Jane Greenoff doesn't float my boat on the telly anymore, or Kerry Lord with her crochet. I learn more from Kerry's two minute videos on YouTube than I do in an entire of watching her on the telly.

    I used to love the C******** in July on QVC, but that started to go down the pan when they ceased to have the Bucilla kits on. Since then it has gone from bad to worse, to downright boring.

    There, told you I was grumpy!!! ;)

    Roz
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
     
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

    http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

    https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

     
     
  16.    Advertisment


  17. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Posts
    9,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenpeper View Post
    I'm so fed up with pick and stick I've ventured down the 'art' route...make of that what you will! xx
    Hence why I like my pricking and stitching. Don't like that stuff they have on Hochanda though, too much stick and not enough prick/stitch. I ordered some of their designs from their website, but was far from impressed.

    One of the problems with Hochanda is that they have so many variations of the same product. How many more pens/pencils do we actually need? CC have just about every blessed type of pen/pencil/brush already known to mankind, yet each week they are flogging yet more of the same from other suppliers. Can't remember which day it is, but Windsor & Newton are going to be on with their Aquamarker's, which have been around for years, only not under the Windsor & Newton banner. No doubt folks will rush to buy those, not even bothering to think they have already got the same thing from CC. I just hope whoever demonstrates the blessed things does a better job than what happened with the original Aquamarker pens.

    Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

    http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

    https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

     
     
  18.    Advertisment


  19. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    ADVERTISING


    Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    One of the problems with Hochanda is that they have so many variations of the same product. How many more pens/pencils do we actually need? CC have just about every blessed type of pen/pencil/brush already known to mankind, yet each week they are flogging yet more of the same from other suppliers. Can't remember which day it is, but Windsor & Newton are going to be on with their Aquamarker's, which have been around for years, only not under the Windsor & Newton banner. No doubt folks will rush to buy those, not even bothering to think they have already got the same thing from CC. I just hope whoever demonstrates the blessed things does a better job than what happened with the original Aquamarker pens.Roz

    You're right. And things are so expensive as well. Every day we're expected to fork out 30/40/50 or more - it could become quite an addiction - and then something bigger and better comes along which has just got to be had. I'm a newbie crafter but even for me the honeymoon period has worn off with all the repeat products and presenter never ending sales pitch.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
     

     
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •