Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

LETíS CELEBRATE WITH KANBAN ON OUR 4 DAY DEAL

Join Kanban Keith at 4pm on 14th November for the launch of his brand new collection, offered exclusively to Create and Craft UK and USA for 30 days . It incorporates a new designer range featuring iconic designer toppers with coordinating designer card accents and all new sentiment wraps all with the same 'Let's Celebrate' theme.

The special introductory price of £39.99 will save you 50% on the usual price and customers using Flexi-pay can take this home for just £19.99.

READ MORE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
      Post Thanks / Like

Angry Kanban really cannot be serious...........

............or can they?

Now I know C & C sell to the USA, but MOM. They have got to be joking. If they must appease the American's, then they should have a set for them with mom, and a set for us with mum. I know some parts of the country also use mam, but I am pretty sure they would be happy enough with mum.

C & C are getting more American by the day, and I for one don't like it. Come to think of it, I don't like most of the products they sell either. They are too expensive, as in all these machines, or yet more products from the house of tatty lace. In other words, they are soooo incredibly boring. I can only assume they aren't in need of my money anymore, which is probably just as well as I haven't bought anything for ages.

Roz
      Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side. :mysmilie_484:

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

2. # ADS
      Advertisment Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn’t spotted that. I would not buy anything with Mom on.
      Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

4.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

But aren't they American owned? Not that that excuses the Mom issue.

6.    Advertising

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Kanban Keith was from Yorkshire - isn’t the paper mill he uses in Cumbria?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't watch or buy Kanban any more because I thought they had - more than once - gone bust owing people money and then set up a new company and picked up where they left off without paying the previous debts. However, I might have got this wrong so if anyone can correct me, please do so.
      Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There's people on another forum I'm on who refer to their Mum as Mom and they're in the UK.

Just searched the forum for it and they all seem to be in the Birmingham area.
      Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

10.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
      I don't watch or buy Kanban any more because I thought they had - more than once - gone bust owing people money and then set up a new company and picked up where they left off without paying the previous debts. However, I might have got this wrong so if anyone can correct me, please do so.
      Yes you are spot on about them Mitzi
      You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

When kanban were on QVC
      There were complaints about the use of Mom on some of the kits
      Also in some of the Anna Griffin kits but seeing as her kits were more for the Anerican market it could be accepted
      I know in some places the word mam is used but I think Mum is the more used word in the uk
      Maybe Kanban also supplied the US market and could not be bothered to print two versions
      You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
      Post Thanks / Like

Apparently mom is used in the Birmingham area, though I personally have never heard it down there. Of course my haunts were usually Irish, including the hotels/guest houses. They were more inclined to go with 'the mammy' rather than mum. Round here we hear both mum and mam, or mummy in the case of little ones. I know mam is used in the north east, could never get my mother to say mum, even though she had ideas above her station!

They have gone bankrupt twice Mitzi. No idea if they paid off their debts though.

Roz
      Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side. :mysmilie_484:

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
      Whilst that is true there are many, many companies that have done that. Not sure why Kanban gets picked out more than anyone else?