Janice Phillips - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Janice Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

I think quite a few presenters repeat the last phrase (or part of) said by the guest. Because they are having to talk to the camera, listen to the person speaking to them through the earpiece and talk to the guest at the same time, it appears to give them a bit of thinking time whilst staying on topic. Dawn B and Simon Biaggi come to mind - although sometimes it is more noticeable than others. It could be a technique that they are taught so that what we hear vaguely makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
    Do not like Janice style at all. Could not watch her when she did mobile phone on other channel.
    Would be nice if she stopped waving arms, hands about the whole time. Also has the same tendency to repeat what the demonstrator has just said. She has the same annoying habits as Matt.
    I prefer Hochanda to C & C. It has more variety of products.
    I prefer Hochanda to C & C as well although I watch anything of interest on either. Much prefer the presenters on Hochanda but Alex was my favourite.

But sadly Hochanda is going the same way as C & C with fewer demos and far too much rabbiting on about the products on sale. Why oh why do they feel the need to show you everything every few minutes. Surely once at the beginning, once in the middle for those of us who didn't see it from the start and once at the end would be sufficient. I always record the programmes and whizz through to the demos. That way I can get through the whole programme in about 15 minutes.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

One of the presenters has to give the details of everything being used/mentioned constantly - maybe it’s the voice in his ear but I get so fed up of hearing his voice, he just seems to prattle on and on. You would think the powers that be would realise what a turn off this is,I rarely watch either channel nowadays .

Post Thanks / Like

I hardly see any of it these days. We've run out of space on the Sky box so I can't record anything. I can't watch it live unless "himself" is out, and when I get chance, it always seems to be sewing or pick & stick stuff that doesn't interest me.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've lost interest in just about everything they flog these days.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I watch select programmes on rewind, fast forward the first 15-20 mins which is all chat, and watch demos if they interest me. I have to confess I do like Leonie and Charlie together - they appeal to my infantile sense of humour.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fenpeper/

Post Thanks / Like

I am liking Janice so far on Hochanda. Wasn't too keen on her when she did the tech shows on IW, although that could have been more to do with the products she was flogging or the general style of the channel.

Post Thanks / Like

I have trouble listening to Yannis - he is his own biggest fan and To me comes over as very condescending to female guests. I cringe sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

I can’t agree with you there PinkPig, I like Yiannis, In fact I don’t mind most of the presenters on Hochanda, I wasnt too keen on on the lady with curly hair who left to have a baby and I’m not too sure about Janice, but thankfully the truly irritating ones who like the sound of their own voices, like Dean and Jenny, are on Create and Craft.

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

I don’t remember the one who left to have a baby at all. I like the sound of Yannis’s voice, but not what he says especially when he is on with Paula !