Flower
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Only just realised (doh!)

I'm probably not alone in just realising that there's been no mention (to my knowledge - which is rather limited lol!!) of C&C going over to that CHA thingy in Annaheim ? This is no problem to me as I've always thought it was a complete waste of time - and even more money because of the vastness of the thing, it just wasn't practical to have the camera's roving around to see all the various new products and ideas from around the world. Anyone else any wiser?
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Is it because they have organised this World Premier Event?“ 270 New Launches From Across The Globe”
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Erm, I've got a whopping great big advert at the top of this forum saying they will be there on screen and on Facebook live
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it could be the reason for that, in fact it was the email last night about it that made me remember !

Can't see that on mine Glingle, usually, when I think about it they start waxing lyrical before C********
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah Payne seems to be travelling across America started in Florida and I think she’s in California just now, maybe heading there?

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

There has been mention on Facebook long before C******** and it sounded as though C&C were not madly interested in going. Seeing as they only showcase the usual stuff anyway, it seemed a waste of time and money to me. At least when Dot went she used to bring us new goodies each year. Not sure if I miss the shop or not these days as I don't do all that much paper crafting, well not compared to knitting and crochet anywhoo. I seem to be spending all my dosh at Rosemary/Shelby's yarn shop, which is nearly opposite where we have our lunch on a Tuesday before our needle & natter.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Everything seems to be very low key just now - perhaps its because of C******** overspends there just isn't the money about, although as said before, it was a huge expense for what it was. Would make more money if they'd got permission to wander with camera's for the few days (not broadcasting) and then show us what is being exhibited over an edited few hours, there's something like 4000 stalls which is mindboggling really.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    There has been mention on Facebook long before C******** and it sounded as though C&C were not madly interested in going. Seeing as they only showcase the usual stuff anyway, it seemed a waste of time and money to me. At least when Dot went she used to bring us new goodies each year. Not sure if I miss the shop or not these days as I don't do all that much paper crafting, well not compared to knitting and crochet anywhoo. I seem to be spending all my dosh at Rosemary/Shelby's yarn shop, which is nearly opposite where we have our lunch on a Tuesday before our needle & natter.

Roz
    Ah, but is it that you don't miss the shop because you're not doing much papercrafting, or is it that you don't do much papercrafting because the shop is gone? If the yarn shop and needle & natter group had closed but the paper shop was still open, would you be doing mostly papercrafting and not much knitting and crochet?

Chicken and egg!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see the point of the shows being aired from trade shows. They are only going to show stuff that they have available for sale and that is never going to be new stuff that is about to be launched.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    Ah, but is it that you don't miss the shop because you're not doing much papercrafting, or is it that you don't do much papercrafting because the shop is gone? If the yarn shop and needle & natter group had closed but the paper shop was still open, would you be doing mostly papercrafting and not much knitting and crochet?

Chicken and egg!
    Oooooo you deep thinker you!!! ;) Actually I think I was getting a tad fed up of paper crafting when the shop was open. Dot had started selling James C Brett wool, patchwork fabric, as well as the cross stitching stuff she had been selling for years. I bought loads in the sales she had in the run up to closing, hardly any of it paper crafting.

I did buy my big whirly tool holder thingie that they were flogging on the craft channel at more the twice what Dot said she had bought them for. I remember trying to struggle home with the thing one Saturday when there was snow on the ground. I think it was the only snow we had that year, but due to assorted accidents, it was a bit of a struggle to get home.

I've always done needle crafts of one sort or another, just put them more and more to one side after the accident. Knitting and crochet were a no no for several years, but I did manage to cross stitch left handed for several months. I could also do pricking and stitching cards, and parchment left handed. Had I lost my right thumb altogether I would have been able to knit (eventually) but I don't think I would have been able to hold a crochet hook, or do patchwork, well EPP anyway. I still find working in sewing cotton impossible, so my 1/12th scale stuff is a no go area. In fact I am seriously considering parting with my polymer clay and the books that go with it as it is so hard on the hands.

I have parted with quite a lot of my paper crafting stuff, though still have enough to last me forever I reckon. At least I can still cut out decoupage should I need to. :)

The needle and natter group is a result of Dot's shop closing down. Us cross stitch lot had to find a new home, so we ended up at Aroma in the Victorian Arcade. I can't for the life of me remember the last time any of us took some cross stitching to do as the lighting isn't 'up to snuff' compared to Dot's. I reckon it might have been when Ricky used to come to the group, he must have had better eyesight than the rest of us. Christine did take her patchwork for a while, but these days it seems to be mostly knitting and crochet.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog