Flower
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware folks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beware folks

Just had an email from C&C this morning with confirmation of an order. I thought that's funny I haven't ordered for ages, I don't need anything. Clicked onto it and the beggars have renewed my membership - I was furious. For years, I am particularly careful to not be on auto-renewal. Needless to say I've sent them an email and I'm sure they will sort it out, but that's not the point, and 20 will be hard to find for some who may not notice its gone out of the bank. I went onto my bank online and its in the "pending transactions" bit. So, if your membership is due do keep a look out for them doing it with you.
    Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

hi yes it happened to me yesterday got email for order, renewal not do for 6days , was unable to send email so phoned customer services not yet received reply. they get me so cross and then they wonder why we lose faith in shopping with them
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Surely if you have not chosen auto renew it is illegal? How can they do that?
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There's been posts on various Facebook craft pages I belong to about this (I've not checked C&Cs own FB page - I bet it's bedlam there!). One person was told that the letters went out 'accidentally' (?) - I bet they'll say the same about the emails! I gave someone David Peck's email addie and she had a phone call. They apologised and when she said the phone calls had cost her about 5 they offered to give her membership at a reduced cost - she declined LOL!
    One person had money taken from a credit card that had never been used to renew membership only to buy goods and was actually her husband's card not hers!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I got a letter yesterday saying they had renewed my membership ,money will be taken on or after 14th April
    I am not on auto renewal
    Nothing has been taken and I have removed my card number
    Tried to delete all details but it won’t let me
    Not wasting my money ringing them
    Will see if they try to take the money

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

This is really bad of them! I hope they are sorting it out for everyone who had been affected.

Post Thanks / Like

JM I received a letter yesterday, dated 13 April, to tell me that they will take money out on 11 April as I 'have signed up to our continuous authority'
    Like yourself I make sure that I click (or don't)on whatever is necessary so that it does not auto renew.
    On my account there is a button to click on if I want to renew. So that seems to contradict the fact that it is due to be renewed automatically. Also the card number listed on the letter is not the same as the one that I can see saved on my account.
    In addition I have noticed that you can no longer remove a credit card from your account without calling them.
    Hope you get your cancellation sorted JM

Post Thanks / Like

I have sent them a email
    Regarding my letter
    And the fact you can’t remove your credit card details
    It also shows on my account the renew button
    They probably think that people will not bother to contact them as it’s too much of a Faff
    So they get away with it
    Just checked my letter they are quoting a card number that expired two years ago
    But my current card is on my account
    Cheeky buggers
    Last edited by Little Jan; 17-04-2018 at 01:50 PM.

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

How awful - what sort of an accounting system at they using I wonder? Like yourself Lioness, I went signed in to look and there was a button to renew so I came off and went to the bank and its there in the pending transactions. Mine isn't due for another 4 days either. And as PJP says a lot of people are affected, fancy the cheek of saying that lady could have it cheap!! Should have been for nowt.

If its happening to so many people, someone has authorised it, its not a mistake (IMO), and they thought we were nave enough not to notice. LJ, just check your bank 'cos it was the 14th last Saturday so could have gone out y'day or today.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

JM
    I have checked my account nothing has gone out nothing pending so far