Flower
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beware folks

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never had a Birthday tenner
    And I joined the club when it started
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tricia View Post
    ............... I have already seen on my account money paid to an insurance group that I know nothing about. Seems the insurance is for gadgets, well not having gadgets I can only assume someone got my details and used them. This is something I donít understand because usually we have to give the last three digits on the back of the card, so unless someone has the card then how can they give it. So any cards used for the renewals must mean they even have the three digits on the back as well as the numbers on the front, or the banks are not asking for those three numbers.
    Our credit card details was being used by someone recently. Don't know how they got hold of the details or how they were using it unless they had the 3 digit security number. They were a bit stupid as they bought takeaways, home deliveries from Morrisons and something from Tesco Direct! Thankfully the CC company were on the ball and rang us to check certain transactions. Just a pain having to wait for a new card to arrive.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheeky beggars. My renewal isn't for another two years, but I will keep an eye on my account just in case they decide to grab what they are not entitled to.

My card was compromised when I booked a holiday online a few years ago. The credit card company contacted me about some weird transactions, so it was sorted out pretty quickly. The same thing happened while we were away on the same holiday. I had bought a suitcase with what amounted to a brand new card, it had only been used at Dot's shop a couple of times prior to that purchase. Tesco put a stop on the card immediately. Good job I hadn't tried to use it while we were on our hols. That too was sorted out pretty quickly. I don't know what happened with those who had stolen my details, would love to know, especially regarding the suitcase.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    I’ve never had a Birthday tenner
    And I joined the club when it started
    For a moment I thought that maybe I had made it up, so did a bit of checking:
    It was introduced with the new rewards at the end of February this year.
    https://www.createandcraft.com/gb/maker-rewards

Post Thanks / Like

can anyone advice how to remove card details from account, I have tried changing number deleting details but it want let me do anything, they have emailed me saying they will wait till due date before taking payment how many times do you have to say no, I feel uncomfortable at the fact that they can hold personal info and one cannot delete it

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps if you all email David Peck he will sort it?

Post Thanks / Like

Last night, because I was still cross I signed in to my account and it was still saying memb would run out in 4 days. I put an order in my basket (just to try) but didn't give the 3 digit numb from the back and unsurprisingly it would not let the order through so how have they managed to do this renewal? This morning I've checked with my bank again and the payment is still pending. You know, even in this day and age there's an awful lot of people who don't do smartphones or pc's, and its just going to go out of their banks and they'll have no idea till they get their statement through. Gosh I'm cross - still no official response, just the standard "we've got your email" thingy. grrrr!
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

When my late son passed away, I needed to close down accounts from online stores. Most allowed but one wouldn’t and it had had his card details, so I changed the last four digits of the long number. Once that was doe alongside changing the expiry date, I could save the details. Checked several times to make sure it hadn’t reverted back. I then changed the address and again checked to make sure that was still showing the made up address. I left the email as it was and a few weeks later got an email stating card number was incorrect please update to correct number. I logged in and tried again to cancel card and even close the account, it wouldn’t let me. So as I was happy with the incorrect information showing, I then closed down the email account. I guess they got the message in the end that the account was no longer active. I don’t think it is right that people should have to leave card details on accounts if they don’t want to. I much prefer to put my card details on myself and not have them sitting online for any hacker to get hold of.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Tricia

http://www.townrow.org.uk/

Post Thanks / Like

They must be keeping details as the letter had a long expired Visa card number
    I tried changing the card number and start and expiry
    But it kept reverting back to the current card details
    I too only got the auto receipt email from customer services
    In this do called internet world we live in you would expect them to be able to check
    things in seconds and reply at least in 24 hours
    Same as the refund process if they can debit you in seconds they can refund you just as quick
    All this wait 7 days or for a refund
    I worked for a bank many moons ago every thing was keyed manually
    But items appeared on customers account the next day
    Only items from other banks or branches too 3 working days to appear on your account
    So much for progress lol
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I've got two missives from the monkeys this morning! first one is an amended invoice saying sorry that I'm not happy with my order and a refund has been issued. Second one is a "letter" from an Indian lady saying they're sorry I'm disappointed with my renewal and that a refund has been issued which should be in my bank in 3-5 working days (the ?@"&* cheek) AND also that they've withdrawn the 12000 points that my renewal had earned - (even more *&$£%^& cheek!) Checked with the bank and its still pending so we wait and see!
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !