August/September swap theme

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default August/September swap theme

As August is going to be busy month for me I thought I would make the swap a roll over so you have all of August and part of September to make your creation and decide if you wish to join in
    Hopefully by doing this we might get more people joining in

after having another show down with the council over bins not being collected
    First it was garden waste then food waste now itís the recycling
    I thought I would be environmental friendly
    So this month I want you to make something usable from a toilet roll tube
    schools have been doing this since the tubes were invented with no ill effects that I know of

Except the parents wondering what they are going to do with another of
    little Janet or Johnís creation ( ok other names are available, but my mother never knew this so thatís why she named me Jan and my Brother John lol )
    If you would rather use another type of tube like a kitchen roll or wrapping paper tube this is fine as long as you make something else from it that is usable
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Great idea LJ. I’ll give it a go!

Post Thanks / Like

I love a recycling theme! But this one will take some thinking about. Will let you know if I manage it LOL!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness LJ! What have you started? I've just searched Pinterest for Toilet Roll Crafts and spend ages going through the photos. Someone has even made a playhouse from the rolls - no not a dolls house, a playhouse that children can get into! I've started collecting tubes! I do have one that had a curtain pole in and it's about 5 foot long!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Typical! I had been saving toilet roll tubes because "I'll make something with them one day" but they were cluttering the place up so I threw them out - just last week! Think I still have a couple and of course some more will naturally come available over the next few weeks.

I'm in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    Oh my goodness LJ! What have you started? I've just searched Pinterest for Toilet Roll Crafts and spend ages going through the photos. Someone has even made a playhouse from the rolls - no not a dolls house, a playhouse that children can get into! I've started collecting tubes! I do have one that had a curtain pole in and it's about 5 foot long!
    I had not even thought about looking for ideas on line as I had an idea but after looking my idea was pretty boring lol
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter used to collect plastic milk bottles I had no idea why it was a surprise for the school she worked in
    Problem was she would get everyone to deliver the bottle to our home
    Hubby was not happy half the garage was full of boxes of bottles
    Eventually one Saturday in late November a friend turned up with a van took the bottles and off they went
    She was in school all weekend
    What had they been doing.
    Makin a huge igloo with the plastic bottles
    As a surprise Christmas display in the school entrance hall

Post Thanks / Like

I will be posting the list on the 20th so if anyone wants to join in or opt out
    You still have time

Post Thanks / Like

Is this still going ahead, because to be honest, I'm well and truly stumped! I've seen some great projects but posting the finished item would be a problem. I'm in two minds at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Not a problem Victoria I was going to start my swap today
    So if Mitzi has not already started or made hers I will cancel the swap