which ink jet printer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default which ink jet printer?

Hello Everyone, this is my first ever post so if people could help me I would be grateful. Which inkjet printer would you suggest please for printing free printables with no streaks or bits missing and with good colour reproduction. Also, a printer that doesn't cost the earth?
    Many thanks

kma

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Welcome from me kma. That’s a hard one! What size is the biggest you want to print? Do you want WiFi connectivity? Is it paper or paper and card? At the moment I have a Canon because it was cheap, has WiFi, can take card as well as paper, will photocopy and scan and if I need to replace it would go for cheap again. I do not print out photos , but it will print photo quality. Ihave also had Epson and Lexmark printers which were pefectly good quality. I do own a Brother which will take A3 card from when I did scrapbooking. That is harder to use as you have to feed a single sheet of A3 in at the back so very faffy. It can print good quality A4 from the front though but the Canon is better with card. I expect there are others who will give you a more informed response!

Post Thanks / Like

Mine's a Canon to - MG5550 I think. I use my printer a lot in crafting as I use CD roms. This model isn't as good as the previous one I had but they don't make it any longer. I'd probably go for another Canon when I need to replace it. Welcome to the forum KMA.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum
    I have a Cannon ip4580 it prints perfectly on card and if you print on pearl card the ink dries slower without smudging
    So you can use embossing powders
    It was a hand me down from hubby so no idea of the price
    My hubby has a cannon TS8151
    He won’t by any other brand
    Last edited by Little Jan; 30-07-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Mine's a Canon too, like Jan's hubby I won't buy another brand since trying Canon ones. Mine's a TS8150 but it wasn't particularly cheap. It works well but I've only had it a couple of weeks
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Meant to say that after buying one that went on one cartridge I made sure it had separate ink cartridges, mine takes 5.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Mine takes 5 too
    Three colours a black and a xl black
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Same here Jan
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a look, mine takes 6 - 2 blacks, c, pb, y, m. I know the C is cyan and the Y is yellow. PB looks mauve and M looks pink.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

O had a Canon, which worked well until it died of old age! I replaced it with an HP printer/copier/scanner simply because it was in the John Lewis sale and I had a gift card to spend. But it was a good decision as it prints well in both colour and black & white on different surfaces.