Crafter's Companion Inkpads - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I find it hard to watch Sara on TV I have to say that she should be admired for the success she has made of her company and her work ethos. For such a young woman she is highly successful and an example of how women can build a business. I will now duck down to dodge the missiles heading my way.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    I agree with you PP. I donít watch or buy very much from CC. I just donít know where she gets her energy from. She writes a couple of columns for craft mags and always seems to be jetting somewhere to do tv shows. Sometimes she lands and goes straight to another tv studio! I think she leads a crazy life!

Post Thanks / Like

No, absolutely her determination and drive are to be admired, I just want her to calm down a bit when she's trying to sell her wares. A softer voice and slightly slower pace would endear her to me more although, her products are still not really my thing, although I do have a gemini for the few dies I do have. Its also great for ink transferring for my art.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't fault her efforts, especially as she nearly lost everything after a dust up with Helix several years ago.

Not sure about her ethics though, after all she was on C & C one Friday with the POTW, by Monday she had gone to Hochanda leaving customers with nothing. Granted they did get a refund, but what a let down when one is expecting the goods. Maybe she and C & C had a dust up, but if so, it was a mighty quick move to Hochanda.

As for her hype, sorry, but I really cannot cope with her. Not that she is on her own in that department. 'Himself' was flitting between channels and came up with Paul Becque on C & C, with Sally Jacks on IW. Talk about torture.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I didn;t know she had quit C&C and left people in the lurch. Would have thought that would have been frowned on in the business world, lucky for her she came up smelling of roses. x

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, she was POTW on the Friday, on Hochanda the following Monday. I know folks got their money back, but to me it isn't playing the game.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

She’s certainly hard faced. She tries to give the impression that she’s giving crafters what they want, but she comes across as very “me, me, me.”

Post Thanks / Like

It must be hard trying to survive in a leisure industry when money is tight for many people. I shop via the Easyfundraising site to raise money to keep our 13th century church building upright and weatherproof! CC used to make a generous donation compared to other companies, but that has now been halved. I also used to get prompt responses to all my e-mail queries, but now I am lucky if I get a reply at all, which might indicate fewer staff being employed. Not surprising that money becomes the bottom line for all business people, which requires a hard-sell technique.

Post Thanks / Like

The trouble is that the hard sell approach doesn't actually work with many, me included. Dot always had it right when she would show me whatever she had got in that was new, but was never ever pushy. In fact it became a bit of a standing joke with her and Christine always telling me that I didn't "have" to buy it. I nearly always fell hook, line and sinker though. Shelby in the wool shop is the same. She tells us what is new, but isn't pushy, so me and Christine open our purses.

We went into a craft shop in Penrith three years or so ago. Never again. The owner followed us around the shop trying to get me to buy this, that, and t'other. We couldn't get out quick enough, and have no desire ever to go there again. Instead we go to Cockermouth where I happily spend my money in The Silver Beaded Needle, or in Carlisle at Fun2Do, or in the market. If I need help, then I have only to ask, but they don't pester me.

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Well when push comes to shove, Sara provides more input into the British economy and wider afield than the sum total of us on here. That can only be applauded.

Most of her products aren't really to my taste but I am not a very brand loyal type of person. Bit weird that CC's annual results are 8 months late though, hope it's just an oversight or a blip.

Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post