Flower

Thread: Email received from Create & Craft boss

Post Thanks / Like

Default Email received from Create & Craft boss

There has been a lot of speculation around what is happening at C&C, this is an email I received from them but I would like to point out that this man introduced Craft Price Drop to Hochanda due to his history at Bid TV and surely it is the whole team that builds a company not just one man:

It’s Jamie Martin here. You may remember me as the original Chief Executive of Hochanda where, against all the odds I assembled from scratch and then led the once formidable Hochanda team to profitability in exactly 2 years - which is unprecedented in the live TV shopping business.

I’m writing to you today to let you know I have accepted another amazing challenge!! I don’t know about you but in my experience of corporate life the people who really matter are always the last ones to find out all the important juicy news and gossip! Those of you that know me will know that I have an occasional less than conventional management style by modern day standards. That is to say that:
    (1) I tell it as it is and share information with staff and suppliers
    (2) I believe that leadership is about being open, inclusive, supportive and empowering ones staff to make decisions (not micro managing them)
    (3) I will bend over backwards to make sure that reciprocity, honesty, fairness and high levels of service flows through the blood of any business I run.

Now, in true craft style I want to give you a “sneak peak” of the news that won’t come out officially until Monday 10th because I want you to hear it directly from me and have the chance to call me directly and ask questions over this coming weekend so as you know exactly what’s happening from the horse’s mouth. I believe that suppliers are the most important part of our unique craft business, which is why I bought the pink and blue thrones at the inception of Hochanda to say that suppliers are the “Kings and Queens” and placed them in reception which have gone on to be such an important part of Hochanda’s identity and something that it is well known for.

So, the sneak peak news is that I am now the Chief Executive of Create and Craft and Ideal World and you heard it here first!

So apart from you who will I be working for? Well the company that recently purchased Create and Craft and Ideal World is called Aurelius Invest and they are a German public company who are listed on the German Stock Exchange with a turnover last year of 4.8 billion Euros and a profit of 602 million Euros. They own companies like:

· Scholl – who make shoes and foot related health products
    · Bertram group, which sells 20 million books a year to 100 countries
    · Office Depot – Office supply’s in 13 European territories with sales of 2 billion euro
    · Allied Healthcare employing 12,000 people in the UK
    · The Hospital Group – private hospitals
    · Working Links – Employment and rehabilitation services
    · Coats Crafts a £120 million European textile crafts business
    · Sealine international – A yacht boat builder based in Germany
    · Blaupunkt – The German manufacturer of electrical items like TV’s and radios
    Have a look at their website: www.aureliusinvest.com

Aurelius see the huge potential in Ideal World and Create and Craft and they are putting their money where their mouth is and investing millions of pounds in infrastructure changes, staff and suppliers. They employ over 40,000 people worldwide over 25,000 of which are in the UK. Their CEO is a man called Dirk Markus. When I initially met him the first thing that impressed me was how much detail he knew about the craft industry in general. His deep level of understand of the business was remarkable.

I have a significant multi-million pound budget to improve Create and Craft and this is where YOU come in! I’d like to meet with you as a matter of urgency and share with you all the detail of the plans going forward and explain to you all the top line sales and financial benefits you will receive from us if you become a supplier. Those of you that know me know that my organisations will treat it’s suppliers with respect and reciprocity and that I will keep my promises to you. I have a multi-million pound budget – come and claim your slice of the action now! When we meet I will also share with you information about key aspects of the UK Craft television business and factors that will affect it over the next 5 years.

Finally I will leave you with these two commitments in writing:

1. 1. Create and Craft will never broadcast “Price Craft Drop” or falling auction programming on my watch.
    2. 2. Create and Craft will be on all UK broadcast platforms including Free-view and Virgin to 2025 and beyond.

Please contact me directly on 07917-657396 or call my PA Sarah King on 01733-316697 to arrange a meeting and before you ask I am happy to come to you!

I look forward to having a chat with you personally about what we can do together in 2019.

Kind personal regards

Jamie Martin
    Chief Executive Officer
    Ideal Shopping Direct Limited.
    Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

If he is so good at turning things around, how come two orders I made last week have been lost and I have to wait ten days!! for a refund :(
    People who big themselves up like this have a lot to prove in my eyes.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    If he is so good at turning things around, how come two orders I made last week have been lost and I have to wait ten days!! for a refund :(
    People who big themselves up like this have a lot to prove in my eyes.
    I have received an immediate refund for an item that went astray via Amazon this afternoon. It may take a few days to reach my credit card account, but that is the nature of the beast called a weekend. Same with eBay, so why it should take C & C so long I have no idea. Having said that I had to wait nearly six weeks for a refund from QVC. Firstly they had to arrange collection, then wait for it to be returned to them, then to have it processed. To say I was not pleased would be an understatement. That is one reason why I seldom buy from QVC.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, he will fit in perfectly, there seem to be a lot of people who think they’re Gods gift at C&C.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Yes, he will fit in perfectly, there seem to be a lot of people who think they’re Gods gift at C&C.
    Oooooo Sam, you are nawty, but I like you. ;)

Roz
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds exciting! No problems with Brexit then?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Amazon are quick on refunds and if it’s a courier pick up you get the refund as soon as it’s collected
    Even non prime orders arrive quicker than c&c orders.
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post

I agree lol
    What I find odd nothing to do with this topic
    Is I thanked for this post last night
    But I was not on the forum or online last night
    Only checked forum this morning
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13: