Flower
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Naughty wordsearch

Does anyone have the latest C&C club magazine? If so, please could you post a pic of the wordsearch that is in it. C&C apologised for a word that was inadvertantly included in the grid, but a few people have said that it is not just the swear word (c**t), there are also references to Hochanda in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Off to look in my mag
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

It was the C word followed by the initials of the lady who sacked the new head of C and C from Hochanda. Sorry can't do a piccie, my mag goes straight in the bin.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think it was a printing error too coincidental
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I read the newspaper article that stated the word was an error in printing. All I can say to that is I would sack who ever is supposed to check for errors.

Tricia

http://www.townrow.org.uk/

Post Thanks / Like

I am no statistician but I can't even imagine the odds of those letters being randomly generated in a horizontal line on a word search, let alone not being picked up in the proof reading. C and C would never admit to anything other than a printing error.

Post Thanks / Like

Did it also have the words "lonely" and "tree" that were not part of the word search? Someone thought they were a dig at Hochanda because of companies leaving. I can see that "lonely" might be, but what is the significance of "tree"?

On a related note: back in the 1970s I worked in an Oxford bookshop that also sold newspapers. One day we had to go through all the copies of the first pressing of the local daily newspaper ripping out a letter to the editor which was signed by Ivan Nokabolokov. No, that wasn't coincidence either!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I am no statistician but I can't even imagine the odds of those letters being randomly generated in a horizontal line on a word search.
    Plus, if it was computer generated the software would need the words put in by an operator and then generate the random letters around it, and the software (if it were any good) would also be programmed *not* to include any real words in those surrounding letters.

Post Thanks / Like

It does sound like the petty, childishness that I would expect from Create and Craft - I do hope that Hochanda end up having the last laugh!

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've discovered proper words, plus one or two naughty ones in wordsearches over the years. Mind you it is a few years ago now, so I would have thought the software would have been tightened up.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog