Flower
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fleurs Flower Foam

I've bought both Fleurs flower making USBs after watching Mel Heaton demonstrating Fleurs Flower Foam on Create and Craft but can no longer buy the Fleurs Foam ANYWHERE. Is anyone else having trouble buying the foam? I know that paper and card can be used for flowers but particularly wanted the foam as the flowers are very realistic.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried ebay?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not speaking from experience, only from what I have read in groups I belong to. Fleurs foam isn't the best foam to use, it's quite thick compared to other makes and isn't as easy to manipulate. From what I've read Foamiran is better with silk foam even better quality. There's a woman called Emilia Sieradzan who has a range called Lady E and from what I've read the foam she sells is far superior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    I'm not speaking from experience, only from what I have read in groups I belong to. Fleurs foam isn't the best foam to use, it's quite thick compared to other makes and isn't as easy to manipulate. From what I've read Foamiran is better with silk foam even better quality. There's a woman called Emilia Sieradzan who has a range called Lady E and from what I've read the foam she sells is far superior.
    I am glad you mentioned that. I was going to suggest Foamiran, but have no experience of using it so was concerned about suggesting it as an alternative. One of the guest presenters (Anna?)on Hochanda has demoed it I think. Seem to remember her heating up the foam on the bottom of a hot iron

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness View Post
    I am glad you mentioned that. I was going to suggest Foamiran, but have no experience of using it so was concerned about suggesting it as an alternative. One of the guest presenters (Anna?)on Hochanda has demoed it I think. Seem to remember her heating up the foam on the bottom of a hot iron
    Yes using an iron is how the foam is warmed to manipulate it. Itís only held for a few seconds.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

John Lockwood was using flower foam last time he was on Hochanda. I assume it was from Crafts Too. He didn't heat it, just die cut then stretched it between his fingers. On his blog he used a heat gun to make petals of the flower foam curl up.

Post Thanks / Like

Anna is on Hochanda tomorrow at 18:00 with a Foamiran Flowers One Day Special

Worth recording or watching perhaps.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    Anna is on Hochanda tomorrow at 18:00 with a Foamiran Flowers One Day Special

Worth recording or watching perhaps.
    That's good timimg!