Flower
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I 'heart' Lou Withers

Post Thanks / Like

Default I 'heart' Lou Withers

Oh Looby Lou, how I love thee. Can we persuade HOCHY to have you on ALL the time. Even when its night time, you could just amble about the studio sploshing a bit of paint about. And when You and Lovely Leonie are on together? Well, I am in crafty heaven. Can I be in your gang? My name even starts with an 'L'! Can I? Can I? PLEEAAASSSEEE!!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

She does my head in, sorry, so I don't record any of her shows now. I don't watch live, so I can be selective!!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love her. She's mad, and that suits me just fine. I really like the way she just does stuff rather than putting together a carefully prepared demo.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep! I love her too. xxx Just my kind of person! x

Post Thanks / Like

Not my style, far too messy

Post Thanks / Like

I like watching her craft.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

She doesn't do a thing for me I'm afraid, but then I don't do messy either, which is one reason why I never watch Leonie. I am not interested in any of these 'alternative' crafts where the demonstrator spends half their time sloshing paint onto something, drying it, then sloshing yet more paint............ Eventually they start sticking stuff onto whatever it is, slosh on yet more paint.

What they end up with is something that would end up in the bin if somebody gave it to me. I suppose there is a point to it all, but it just goes completely over my head, but then I guess they would say the same about counted thread embroidery, knitting and crochet.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Mixed media has done the world of good for me and my mental health BECAUSE it has no rules to follow and I personally find it helps with letting things go. I rarely show what I have done, sometimes but not often. I particularly enjoy an artist called Tamara Laporte and have done some of her online courses. On the other hand, I also have a friend whose 'go to' craft is crochet and embroidery, which I don't understand but appreciate it helps her all the same as my messy art. There is something out there for all of us, that is the point of all creativity no matter what form it takes. x
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fenpeper/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fenpeper View Post
    Mixed media has done the world of good for me and my mental health BECAUSE it has no rules to follow and I personally find it helps with letting things go. I rarely show what I have done, sometimes but not often. I particularly enjoy an artist called Tamara Laporte and have done some of her online courses. On the other hand, I also have a friend whose 'go to' craft is crochet and embroidery, which I don't understand but appreciate it helps her all the same as my messy art. There is something out there for all of us, that is the point of all creativity no matter what form it takes. x
    That’s very true. I don’t mind messy crafting at all but I just don’t think Lou’s finished articles are that great compared to someone like Leonie. Having said that, Barbara Gray does my head in too at the other end of the spectrum - too precise, too precious!!

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Victoria, I'm with you with Ms Gray. all that faffing about she does, picking stuff up, putting it down again, looking for something, then picking up and putting down what she picked up in the first place. I always offer up a silent prayer when Paul, Tina or Linda are allowed to do their own thing without her being on the show as well.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog