Flower
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Susan Tierney- Cockburn

Susan, who designed for Elizabeth Crafts is designing flower dies in collaboration with Tonic Studios.

ďTonic Studios is pleased to announce an exciting collaboration with multi-talented paper artist Susan Tierney-Cockburn. We are working together to create a gorgeous collection of co-branded dies showcasing Susanís trademark realistic three-dimensional paper flowers. Preserve memories of your garden, replicate your favourite flowers, or design delightful gifts using products from this beautiful new range.
    For over twenty years, Susan has been creating her designs (Susanís Garden) and sharing her passion with others. Her fabulous work is inspired by her love of gardening, her grandmother and mother, the regions she has lived in and her own gardens reflecting the ever-changing seasons. She loves tree houses, sketchbooks, animals (especially her four lively cats), baking, and her three precious grandchildren.
    This wonderful partnership will bring together Susanís endless creativity and Tonicís high-quality products to demonstrate how simple it is to create natural-looking flowers for show-stopping cards and projects through her inspiring techniques.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting! If her designs are what I'm thinking of then they are lovely but a lot of them look fiddly to make. Of course if you want natural-looking flowers then you do what you have to do, I suppose. My main problem with 3-d flowers is that almost all of the cards I make get posted, so 3-d embellishments adds to the postage and also they often get squashed / damaged in the post.

Post Thanks / Like

I always find Tonic dies fussy and old fashioned, much like Tattered Lace, so I suspect this won't be to my taste.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

That is my problem Mitzi. The vast majority of the cards I make go to the fluffit/woofit shop, so there is a limit on the thickness I can make as I don't want to have to make boxes as well. Cards I send through the post tend to be thin as I am too mean to pay the price of a large stamp! Granted I do give cards to the members of my local needle/natter group, these can often be a tad thicker, but even then I would want something that goes into a normal envelope.

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I've got some of her dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs - fiddly, but they make lovely flowers. I don't use them on cards though - I make home decor flower arrangement pieces using the deep frames (on sale at half price at Hobbycraft at the moment.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you are going to get...!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
    I've got some of her dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs - fiddly, but they make lovely flowers. I don't use them on cards though - I make home decor flower arrangement pieces using the deep frames (on sale at half price at Hobbycraft at the moment.
    I imagine they will be perfect for something like that.