Thread: pom pom blanket?

Post Thanks / Like

Default pom pom blanket?

Hi

Many years ago when my daughter was born someone gave me a really lovely blanket made from pom poms. I really wanted another and went to my local wool shop where the lady said it was made on some type of frame or loom and was not just pom pom stitched together.

I never tracked down the loom but now my daughter is expecting and i would love to made one for her but can't find out about it anywhere.

Does anyone know what this is and how i would go about getting one and patterns etc.

We have found pom pom wool put it not the same thing and i will be doing one of them for her cot but need to use the colours of her pram and this wool does not come in those colours.

thanks so much. pauline

2. Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if it's the Wendy Pompon loom. You can make pompons or flower rosettes out of wool. Came out in the 60s or 70s. How do I know? Got one somewhere - hangs head in embarrassment.

What colour scheme are you looking for? Our wool shop had a wide range of pompom yarn, and another had a different brand in a different range of colours.
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up

4.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply i've googled "Wendy pom pom loom" and nothing coming up there.

I've been to several wool shops and can't find a match in the pom pom yarn because the colours are pretty hard to match i am not even sure we can do it with out the pram and she is not picking it up until the baby is nearly due. We went to see it yesterday and by the time we crossed the road to the wool shop we were confused so i had the idea of getting some paint colour strips from b&Q and taking them to the pram shop and match up the colour that way.

Still looking for the loom the blanket i had was made with medium sized pompom weaved together in one piece from the softest wool and was lovely. I guess its one of those memory thing that you just want to get back.

THanks so much for your help shall keep looking.

6.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I have just Googled pom pom blanket and there are some blankets on there. If you search further than I did you may find the loom of if you contact the seller they may be able to tell you what the loom is called and where you can get one.

HTH

8.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

found some on amazon uk the link is

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_5wouwcow5x_b
    TO ERR IS HUMAN, TO FORGIVE IS CANINE

http://craftingirene.blogspot.com/

10.    Sponsored Links

craftycat Guest

Wasn't Hayley demonstrating one of these looms on C&C the other day?

12.    Sponsored Links